What Are Robo Calls?
A robo call is an automated telephone call, which delivers a recorded message. This form of advertising is usually employed by telemarketing companies or political parties. The message is usually delivered by a robot, hence the term ‘robot-call’.
How To Stop Automated Calls To Your Cellphone?
If you do not wish to receive automated marketing phone calls to your cellphone, you can register your number on the Do-Not-Call registry. Once registered in this registry, by law, telemarketers have to remove you from their call lists within 31 days.
How Do I Block Robo Calls?
If you are receiving robo calls on your mobile phone, there are various ways of blocking them. One option is to use the inbuilt block number function that comes with most mobile devices. Alternatively, if you have a smartphone, you can download software that screens oncoming calls and flags them as robo calls, which you can choose to block.
What Are The Laws About Automated Calls?
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) governs automated calls in the following ways:
- The caller must get permission to send automated calls or text messages to a cell phone.
- The caller may not call or text residences before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m., local time.
- The caller must maintain a “do-not-call” (DNC) list of customers who do not want automated messages.
- The caller must honor a do-not-call request for 5 years.
- The caller must state their name and phone number.
- The caller must not send automated messages to an emergency line (e.g., “911”).
- The caller cannot send automated messages that would tie up two or more lines of a business.
How Do I Prove Robo Calls Received For a Lawsuit?
If you have a call-recording service available, you can record the phone call that you receive and use it as indisputable evidence. However, most cases can be handled just by saving the number you received the phone call from.
How Do I Report Robo Calls?
Shamis & Gentile, P.A. has a team of specialized nuisance and robo call lawyers ready to handle your grievance. All you need to do is record the name and number of the company that is sending you robo calls. Then, call us to schedule a free consultation. We will advise you on the next course of action to take.
What Is The Robo Calls Law In Florida?
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) is the law that governs the use of robo calls in Florida. This law ensures that unwanted and unsolicited robo calls do no harass you. If you are receiving calls that you did not sign up for, are receiving calls not addressed to you or are still receiving calls after asking a company to stop, these calls are against the law and you are eligible to file a lawsuit.
What Information Is Required By My Lawyer To Start A Robo Call Lawsuit?
With a robo call, the following 2 simple steps need to be followed:
- Ideally, jot down the number from which the call originated, and
- Keep a record of the name of the company calling you.
With this information at hand, an investigation can be launched and your robo call lawyer will be able to follow the right leads.
How Do I Know If I Received a Robo Call?
Robo calls are rather unmistakable. However, here are a few pointers to help you identify them:
- The calls are pre-recorded,
- The calls often include artificial voice prompts,
- You are asked to wait for the next available representative,
- There is a momentary delay between your answer and a response from the other end of the line.