Shamis & GentileDoes Commercial Property Insurance Cover Damage from Vandalism?

If your commercial property has sustained damage as a result of vandalism, you may be concerned that you will have to pay for the repairs and restoration out of your own pocket. As such, you will be wondering whether property damage claims revolving around vandalism are likely to be accepted or rejected by your commercial property insurance provider. Here is what you need to know.

Vandalism Property Damage Claims

The good news is that most commercial property insurance policies will include coverage for damage incurred as a result of vandalism. However, as with most types of insurance coverage, this comes with plenty of exclusions that you, as the policy holder, need to be aware of.

If your commercial property has sustained damage due to the actions of vandals, your insurance provider will not pay out if:

  • The commercial property has been unoccupied for an extended period of time (usually more than two months),
  • The damage was done by the insured himself/herself or any of the company‚Äôs partners due to business disputes, and
  • The commercial property owner neglected to take the necessary precautions to prevent the act of vandalism from taking place, for instance, such as neglecting to lock the doors or to close the windows before leaving the property.

Getting the Most out of Your Property Damage Claims

In the event that you need to submit a property damage claim relating to vandalism, it can prove endlessly beneficial to get in touch with a property damage claims lawyer for legal advice and assistance. It is also possible to rope in the expertise of a property damage claims attorney if you believe that your property damage claim has been wrongfully or unreasonably delayed, disputed or denied. He or she will be able to aid you in getting the result and the settlement that you deserve.

Here at Shamis & Gentile, P.A., we specialize in property damage claims of various types. Along with vandalism damage claims regarding commercial properties, we can also assist our clients with the following:

  • Water Damage Claims,
  • Wind and Hurricane Damage Claims,
  • Water Flood/Broken Pipe Damage Claims,
  • Theft Damage Claims,
  • Sinkhole Damage Claims,
  • Smoke and Fire Damage Claims,
  • Mold Damage Claims,
  • Business Interruption Claims,
  • Tornado Damage Claims,
  • Lightning Damage Claims, and
  • Home Damage Claims.

For more information about getting the most out of your vandalism property damage claims for your commercial property, do not hesitate to get in touch with our team of qualified and passionate property damage claims lawyers now!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This