The Text Message Lawyers, Shamis & Gentile, P.A. have been making headlines as we aggressively file suits against companies who are blatantly violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending ringless voicemail transmissions and unsolicited spam text messages to consumers all throughout the nation. Below are some of the articles featuring our firm in the fight against spam text messages and ringless voicemail technology.
Vacation Experts International Facing Telephone Consumer Protection Act Suit Over Alleged Prerecorded Voicemails
Lee v. Vacation Experts International LLC
Vacation Experts International, LLC is the defendant in a proposed class action in which a Florida consumer alleges the company placed automated calls to her cellphone without her prior express consent.
In June 2018, the case alleges, the plaintiff received five prerecorded voicemails from the defendant regarding her timeshare order. The suit claims the defendants, in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), failed to obtain the plaintiff’s prior express written consent before using an automatic dialing system to place the calls to the woman’s phone.
Adding to the defendant’s alleged TCPA violations, the complaint notes that the plaintiff’s phone number was listed on the National Do Not Call Registry when she received the company’s solicitations.
Report your ringless voicemail transmissions to The Ringless Voicemail Lawyers
- Take a screenshot of your ringless voicemail drops
- Send us your screenshot to 1-833-3-TEXT-ME
- Let us do our work to fight on your behalf!
There are NO fees or expenses, so call today for a free consultation from our ringless voicemail lawyers or submit your claim here and we will get in contact with you immediately. We would be happy to review for you, a loved one, a friend, or anyone you suspect may have a case. Report your Ringless Voicemail drops today and we’ll see if we can help you recover $500 to $1,500 for each violation you received.
Facial Rejuvenation of South Florida allegedly sent text message to woman without consent
Laura Montanari v. Ageless Solutions
MIAMI (Legal Newsline) – A Miami-Dade County, Florida resident alleges a Miami business sent her a telemarketing text without her permission.
Laura Montanari filed a complaint individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated on Nov. 16 in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida against Facial Rejuvenation of South Florida LLC, doing business as MD Ageless Solutions, alleging violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
According to the complaint, the plaintiff received a telemarketing text message from the defendant on June 13 that stated it was looking for volunteers for procedures and advertised a discount on other services. She alleges she never provided consent to the defendant to receive the messages.
The plaintiff holds Facial Rejuvenation of South Florida LLC responsible because the defendant allegedly engaged in an unlawful practice of using an automatic telephone dialing system and communicated with plaintiff without prior express consent to send the text messages.
The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment against defendant, to certify the class action, award actual and statutory damages, declaratory and injunctive relief and other relief as the court deems just. She is represented by Andrew J. Shamis of Shamis & Gentile, P.A. in Miami and Scott Edelsberg of Edelsberg Law PA in Aventura, Florida.
If you believe you have been a victim of spam text messages make sure you do the following:
- Save the text message! Take a screenshot and email it to yourself so the evidence is preserved. You never know what may happen to your phone and without the evidence your case is much more difficult!
- Screenshot your text message or write down that number that calls you, as well as the company that they are calling from! Often ascertaining the identify of these companies is difficult, so the more information the better.
- Send The Text Message Lawyers Your Screenshot: Send the screenshot image of your spam text message by sending a text to 1-833-3TEXT-ME (1-833-383-9863) or email us at email@example.com
- Call the attorneys at Shamis & Gentile, P.A for a free consultation for your potential case. We will happily discuss and let you know what further actions are required!